Purpose of Position
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business based in The Netherlands, with activities in several countries in Eastern Africa. HE is specialized in the implementation of last mile distribution models of reliable products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people living in hard to reach and remote areas.
HE aims to contribute to solving social issues and improving access to basic health commodities and services by developing and implementing sound commercial business models. HE is implementing its franchise model via more than 4.500 Community Health Entrepreneurs (our customers) in 30 districts of Uganda today. We are growing towards a network of 20.000 customers, serving 95% of rural Uganda by 2024.
For the Kampala office, we need an experienced Finance Manager who will lead our local Finance team in a demanding and fast-growing organization. We are looking for a highly experienced, organised, enthusiastic, and motivated finance professional with clear business affinity who will lead our local Finance team to reach the next level. Such a professional should be able to meet the increased requirements of a fast-growing organization. The team works closely together with other departments in the organisation. This leading position reports directly to the Country Manager and to the International Management Team. The Finance Manager plays a vital part in further development and the smooth-running of the business and can lead the team at a strategic and operational level.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
• Responsible for the financial administration and the registration of all payments and receipts into the ERP system.
• Responsible for the Finance team and the efficient deployment of its members.
• Managing the payroll and any necessary follow up communication.
• Managing statutory obligations like such as URA, NSSF and filing of taxes.
• Responsible for the implementation of a strict monthly financial closing process and reporting cycle.
• Responsible for the periodic budgeting & forecasting.
• Reporting-timely submission of weekly and monthly financial reports.
• Responsible for the financial review and control of the daily incoming and outgoing transfers and the corresponding cash flow.
• Responsible for the audit process and timely submission of the audited financial statements.
• Liaise with the auditor and external consultants about the legal and auditing requirements.
• Liaise with the Country manager, international Finance and Managing Director about the critical financial issues.
• Leading the further standardization of the accounting process and procedures according to the plan “Finance to the next level”.
• Leading business process reengineering trajectories to further improve service levels and financial controls.
• Responsible for financial control; - monitoring all business and all other financial indicators.
• Reconciliation of all the companies general ledger lines with clear understanding of all entries.
• Managing, tracking and routine reporting on credit/loans.
• Responsible for tracking and managing open invoices, drafts, returns and cancelled invoices.
• Part of the leadership of Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda Limited
• Participate in strategic and business development programmes for Healthy Entrepreneurs.
• Manage the team of finance officers and assistants.
• Orientation and training of new and existing staff.
• Staff performance management and development.
• Close collaboration with other departments.
• Any other activities that are needed to run the operations of Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda smoothly.
Main place of work will be in Kampala. The Finance manager agrees to live in or around Kampala, minimal travel to the field may be required.
Last application date is 4pm on 12th September 2021. For more information or to submit your application, please reach out to [email protected]
Please accompany your CV with a motivation. Please take note that empty emails, and motivation letters that do not focusing on the position will not be taken into consideration.