Over 2 billion people worldwide do not have access to basic essential healthcare. Healthy Entrepreneurs is a social enterprise, founded in 2011, with the aim to systematically solve this situation. HE aims to contribute to solve social issues by developing and implementing a sound commercial business model. We are a team of business minded, visionary and hands-on professionals who nowadays create access to reliable and affordable health products and services in remote and untapped areas in developing countries. We enable a network of qualified micro- entrepreneurs to create impact and improve the quality of life in their own environment. Currently we are servicing over 5 million people with our businesses and HE is continuously growing.
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business with the headquarters based in The Netherlands and local offices in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana. For the Kenya office in Homa Bay we need expertise to manage and coordinate the local team.
Purpose of Position
As a Country Coordinator, you are responsible for the day to day operations in Kenya in the full process of locating micro-entrepreneurs up to the distribution of health products and services. You are the connection between the International Country Manager and the local team, and will help scale up and improve current procedures within the local country office.
We are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our local team to help ensure the smooth, efficient running of our business. The role of a Country Coordinator plays a vital part in strategic planning, stakeholder management and smooth-running of the business and is pivotal in the coordination and implementation of office procedures. The Country Coordinator is responsible for reaching the goals and targets and ensuring execution of all standard operating procedures. The Country Coordinator works in close collaboration with the Country Manager in the Netherlands.
Your task and responsibilities:
- Define and control the targets for Kenya (KPI’s such as: number of micro-entrepreneurs, average revenue per micro-entrepreneur, scope of impact), this together with the local team
- Close collaboration with the implementing partner organisation and the donor organisation
- The point of contact for developing and maintaining business relationships, in collaboration with the Business Developer in The Netherlands
- Ensuring the business plan and growth goals are successfully reached in the country of the assignment
- Keep a transparent way of administration, that is constant up to date
- Coach and empower local staff to perform and improve performance
- Participate and report in operational meetings on international level with other HE staff members from multiple countries
- Conduct ad hoc activities that are related to the implementation when needed.
Place of Assignment
Main place of work will be in and around Homa Bay County, Kenya. The Country Coordinator agrees to live in Homa Bay and to travel within the surrounding counties.
- Highly driven to contribute to social impact globally, and Healthy Entrepreneurs specific
- A background in management and business administration or a related business background
- Over three years experience in managing and coordinating team(s)
- Minimum of 4-year experience in a commercial business environment
- A hands-on professional with broad cultural understanding
- Experienced in the African context is an advantage
- Able to provide purpose and assign responsibilities to the local team, under close supervision of the country manager
- Structured and organized
- Available on a fulltime basis
- Willing to live in a rural and challenging environment
- Fluently in speech and writing in English
More Information or applying for the position:
Last application date is January 25th , 2019. For more information or to submit your application, please reach out to wendy @ healthyentrepreneurs.nl, please accompany only your CV with a short motivation.