JOB TITLE: Recruitment and Training Manager
ORGANISATION: Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda
DUTY STATION: Uganda. The Recruitment and Training Manager will be mainly working from the office in Kampala. However, trips to the field are necessary.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social enterprise based in Uganda. The organization has similar activities in Tanzania, Kenya, and Burundi. HE specializes in the implementation of last mile distribution models of reliable products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people living in hard to reach and remote areas.
HE aims to contribute to solve social issues and improving access to basic health commodities and services by developing and implementing sound commercial business models. HE is implementing its franchise model via more than 4000 Community Health Entrepreneurs (our customers) in 26 districts of Uganda today. We are looking forward to increasing the number of entrepreneurs to 18,000 within the current districts and to also expand to new ones.
If you would like to make difference in the lives of many, Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda offers you a unique professional opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The recruitment and training manager is responsible for the recruitment and onboarding of
new Community Health Entrepreneurs (CHEs) in our network and scaling operations to 70 new districts in Uganda. He/She is responsible for identifying those candidates fit for the opportunity to serve their community members with access to basic healthcare. All candidates are existing Village Health Team workers. Once selected, He/She ensures all CHEs are effectively trained and ready to perform.
He/she will manage a team of recruitment and training officers who are conducting training programs in different areas of Uganda. The current team has 3 officers but will grow up to 6-7 trainers in the coming 12 months. He/She is part of the leadership team of Healthy Entrepreneurs and works on strategies to improve the business of HE. He/She ensures that strategies are in place to recruit top CHEs and define and coordinate recruitment and selection policies, standards and operations in Uganda. Responsible for the roll-out and training of CHEs and continuously review and upgrade the training curriculum.
- Recruitment and onboarding of new Community Health Entrepreneurs (CHEs)
- Supervise and manage the team of recruitment and training officers
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs), performance expectations, quality standards, for the teams to strive for.
- Ensure the scaling strategy can be implemented and new districts are onboarded according to plan.
- Define and advise effective strategy and plan to attract and hire capable and motivated CHEs.
- Define and coordinate recruitment and selection policies, standards, process and operations.
- Stakeholder management; develop and maintain good relationships with District Health Officers and other key stakeholders on district level.
- Put in place appropriate model, structure and resource for recruitment.
- Ensure implementation of training programs for new CHEs.
- Manage training schedule and agenda.
- Implementing weekly/monthly recruitment and training results reports as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in management.
- Minimum bachelor in health, Social Work, Business, Human Resources Management and other relevant education
- Experience with working in districts
- Experience in Health, Medical or Pharmaceutical fields is recommended.
- Relevant experience with recruitment and training of people, preferable in remote areas, will be an advantage.
- Experience working with VHTs at district level and knowledge of the VHT curriculum is an advantage.
- Fluency in more local languages is an advantage.
- The future candidates will need to possess:
- The future candidate should have a good understanding of the concept of social enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Presentation skills are required.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with the team and motivate customers to change their attitudes where necessary.
- A strong background focused on serving customers.
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Skills in working as a team in a similar work environment or remotely.
- Organizational and planning skills to manage your time and activities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask to enable you to effectively manage training schedules.
- Analytical skills and ability to communicate and present sales data
- Strong teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to learning
- Proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach towards work.
- Interest in continuous learning and development to improve individual knowledge and skills.
For more information or to submit your application, reach out to [email protected]
Please ensure your resume/CV and motivational letter are in by June 19th, 2021.